Monday-Friday 8a-5p; Saturday 8a-12p (rotating); One or two late night hours per week until 7p; Hours may vary
DuPage Medical Group is the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Midwest. We offer services in more than 70 specialty areas across 120+ locations. Our team is comprised of more than 750 physicians and 5,000 dynamic individuals who work collaboratively to transform healthcare for the thousands of patients we serve each day.
Are you a self-motivated, organized and compassionate medical assistant? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, progressive work environment? If so, DuPage Medical Group wants you!
Opportunities are available in locations such as Bartlett, Bloomingdale, Downers Grove, Elgin, Glen Ellyn, Hinsdale, Hoffman Estates, Lisle, Lombard, Naperville, Oak Brook, Western Springs, Westmont, Wheaton, and others. Hours vary based on location.
Specialties include Dermatology, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Physiatry and others.
Here is your chance to join our dynamic and growing team!
We are seeking medical assistants and certified medical assistants for various clinical service lines.
As a medical assistant, you will have the opportunity to participate in the following:
• Greet patients and assist with registration, scheduling, measuring vital signs and collecting health history
• Provide support to physicians during examinations, minor office surgeries, dressing changes and other first aid procedures
• Certified-registered medical assistants may assist with immunizations or injections
• Assist patients with prescription requests, address pharmacy callbacks, provider orders, update charting and filing
• Conduct onsite lab testing to include: EKG, pulmonary function, blood glucose and urine pregnancy tests
• Maintain clean, warm and inviting examination rooms for patient visits
• Provide excellent customer service exemplifying DMG CARE values
• Some travel to assist other local clinics may be required
Education and Certification
• High school diploma or GED
• Completion of Medical Assistant educational program or higher education courses in health sciences
• Several of our clinical specialties including Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Family Practice, require active medical assistant certification through one of the following:
* American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
* American Medical Technologists (AMT)
* American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA)
* National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
* National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
• CPR certification or willing to become certified upon hire
• May require phlebotomy certification to be completed within 90 days of hire
• Prior experience working as an MA, CMA, CNA, EMT or 2 years of prior experience working in a medical office assisting with patient care
• Prior experience using an electronic medical record preferred
• College graduates from a health sciences program interested in gaining patient care experience and in pursuing a career in healthcare are welcome to apply for medical assistant positions