Full Time (RF Status – 72 Hours/Pay Period)
RN Student Loan Repayment Video : https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/3602189/A9FC7DF158B94F38ED8ED565BCAED18D
This position is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment Program
Cleveland Clinic is always creating new ways to support our caregivers, because we believe in caring for you both personally and professionally. We are proud to invite our registered nurses to participate in our new student loan repayment program. This program is available for select RN jobs at all U.S. Cleveland Clinic locations.
The RN selected for this position will be eligible for tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and student loan repayment as a part of our many offerings to invest in your health, well-being and future. Apply today and be comforted in knowing you have the stability and security you need to practice amazing medicine while moving forward in your career.
Program Offering Overview
For full-time nurses: up to $437.50 per month/lifetime maximum program benefit of $15,750
For part-time nurses: up to $218.75 per month/lifetime maximum program benefit of $7,500
*Additional details may apply
Job Profile Summary:
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Monitors and documents patient’s condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural differences and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of teaching.
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current state license as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire, RNS in Children’s Hospital and Children’s Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs who much achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course completed within one year of employment if employed on a unit, inpatient and/or outpatient, where chemo is administered.
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC-adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC-pediatric) upon hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, it they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, and cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
- If in ICU, Stepdown, or Emergency Department NIH Stoke Scale Certification will be completed at time of hire in Orientation.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital setting preferred for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience preferred for SNF care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab experience preferred for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or Emergency Department (ED) experience preferred for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handing and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires stand and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work – Exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities